My Mobile Musings

WAP Page: winksite.com/hephail/news
Ideas from and about the mobile industry!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Calangute, Goa, India

I am concerned about the environment and the damage we are doing to it. I write and look at creating sustainable systems for our world.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Phone for (less than!)Rs.876 with AAA batteries!

WoW!
The ultimate dream!
But this, is a lot what my Open Mobile Platform idea is about!
Now, you would be able to pull out the batteries from your remote... and put them into your phone.
The juicy parts:
We have used the lowest bill of material for this sub-$20 chip and very few components,” he said. To make the chip even more accessible to the markets, for the first time in the industry, Infineon has used the AAA batteries.

And there will be more.....
;)