My Mobile Musings

WAP Page: winksite.com/hephail/news
Ideas from and about the mobile industry!!

My Photo
Name:
Location: Calangute, Goa, India

I am concerned about the environment and the damage we are doing to it. I write and look at creating sustainable systems for our world.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Anti-Skype?

Hehe! Looks like the entry of the operator dictator!
Don't get me wrong ... I ain't saying that this software won't sell.. I am just saying the operators ain't gonna blow their horn about buying the sofware. I mean, even the Gulf countries never stopped Kazaa! And anyhow, the bandwidth which 3G will provide, is supposed to support video conferencing, so how much bandwidth is actually taken by Skype, IM and other P2P software.... is gonna be lil drops in the ocean.
The juicy parts:
"They're all telling me they hate Skype and they're telling me that they want to do something about Skype," said Bannerman in a telephone interview. "If you have something in your network that is costing you money and raiding your business model, I assure you you're going to do something about it."

Lets see!
:P